Monday 31 January 2011

Comic Strip #2 "Staff Parking"




And number 2 is up! I originally planned to get this up last night but I completely underestimated the time needed for colouring and lettering.

This time I went for a larger strip than the first, using eight frames plus a title frame. I think there is a slight progression in style as I sketched more from reference this time, mainly down to the fact that I needed to depict an iconic figure. Nevertheless, some reference materials are a little obscure... see below:


Why this of all images? Well for the CU on Gandalf's face I originally drew an expression with gritted teeth and a furrowed brow - a more combat ready or 'Ima bout ta eat somthin' look. What I actually needed was a precursor to a drop-to-the-knees dramatic howl situation and it wasn't quite working. So after sitting for s moment and going through the files in my mind to recall an ideal example I came up with 'The Wrath of Khan' and that very familiar Kirk cry. So I pulled up this still and went from there and here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment