Friday 28 January 2011

Tory



I really felt like I needed to quickly get a second post up to make this blog seem more substantial. I figure this will motivate me to feed it more updates rather than hammering it with a content crash diet.
The drawing below is a sketch of my girlfriend Tory outside the Sage theatre in Manhattan. The texture you can see on the page comes from a heavyweight paper I used, which I bought in about 2005. I used pencil to sketch in the basics and then inked it with biro, choosing biro for the obvious artistic reason; it was all that was available at the time. Nah, I'm being to harsh on the old ball-point. I love the stuff! When I first began properly drawing I used these pens - solely because I did most of my sketching in classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment